Cameron’s 3rd Night Walk will be on Friday 6 October, 2017. As before, the walk will start and end at Fentham Hall Car Park, Hampton in Arden. It is a relatively short event designed to get as many people out and about as possible. We also hope to see as lots of Night Walkers afterwards in the village hall where the bar will be open in the Arden Room. To register for the Night Walk (free!), please click the button below and complete the form.
For more information, please see below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Night Walk? It is a walk, at night. That’s it. The darkness does strange things to perspectives though, so some people find navigating a simple route at night much more difficult than during the day – and that’s the challenge of a night walk.
When will it start? Between 7pm and 8pm on Friday, 6 October. Cameron would have been 24 on 10 October this year, and we choose the date of the walk to be a Friday evening close to his birthday.
How long is it? It is around 7.5km (just over 4.5 miles) departing from Hampton-in-Arden, looping around Barston and returning back to the start point. It will take most walkers just over two hours to complete the route, which is on foot paths and relatively flat – there aren’t any long inclines so there was no need to worry about it being too tough; it isn’t! We anticipate all walkers will be finished by 10pm, ready for a hot chocolate or two.
Why would I take part? To raise money, and support our cause of assisting people with mental health issues and improving their lives and outcomes – and to have a great time! It really is all about having a good time out and about in the countryside with friends.
What are the requirements of taking part? It is a pretty simple event but there are some requirements we ask you to be aware of:
- Age 15 & Under: all walkers age 15 and under are very welcome to take part, but they have to walk with a responsible adult on the night. Those 16 or above, will be wished good luck and told “you’re on your own”!
- It is a night event, it will be dark! We will offer all who take part a free head torch to help them see their way around the route. (But if you have your own headtorch, please bring it, as the fewer headtorches we give away, the more money we will raise)
- It is in October. If we are lucky, we will get a clear, still, dry evening, as we have had for the last 2 years.
- Will there be combine harvesters in operation along the route? Hopefully not, but as we discovered last year, like the weather, this is not under our control!
- How are walkers guided around the route? All are given a map & instructions, and the whole route will be signposted. There will be several marshal points around the route, but finding your own way round is part of the fun!
- How much does it cost to enter? The walk is free, but we ask all who took part to aim for a minimum sponsorship of £20 for the Cameron Grant Memorial Trust
And do have a look at the gallery of pictures from last year’s walk below. Click on any picture to enlarge it; which is your favourite?