Cameron’s 5th Night Walk on Friday 11 October 2019 will start and end at Fentham Hall Car Park, Hampton-in-Arden. It is a relatively short event (7.2km / 4.5 miles) designed to get as many people out and about as possible. We also hope to see as lots of Night Walkers afterwards in the Fentham Hall where the bar will be open.
Registration is free and we will have a free head torch available for everyone who registers in advance. We ask that all Night Walkers aim to make a voluntary donation to the Cameron Grant Memorial Trust, or to raise money for Cameron Grant Memorial Trust by seeking sponsorship on an individual fundraising page. While an amount of £20 or more is what we suggest, any donation or fundraising is very welcome.
For more information, please see below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Night Walk? It is a walk, at night. That’s it. The darkness does strange things to perspectives though, so some people find navigating a simple route at night much more difficult than during the day – and that’s the challenge and fun of a night walk.
What is the route? It is from Hampton-in-Arden to Barston and back along footpaths and quiet roads.
When will it start? We ask you to choose a start time between 6:30pm and 8pm when you register. Cameron would have been 26 on 10 October 2019, and we choose the date of the walk to be a Friday evening close to his birthday.
How long is it? It is around 7.2km (4.5 miles) departing from Hampton-in-Arden, looping around Barston and returning back to the start point. It will take most walkers 1 1/2 – 2 hours to complete the route, which is relatively flat – there aren’t any long inclines so there was no need to worry about it being too tough; it isn’t! We anticipate all walkers will be finished by 10pm, ready for a hot chocolate or two.
Why would I take part? To have a great time while raising money and supporting our cause of assisting people with poor mental health! It really is all about having a good time out and about in the countryside with friends.
What are the requirements of taking part? It is a pretty simple event but there are some requirements we ask you to be aware of:
- Age 15 & Under: walkers aged 15 and under are very welcome to take part, but they have to walk with a responsible adult on the night. Those 16 or above, will be wished good luck and told “you’re on your own”!
- It is a night event, it will be dark! We will offer all who take part a free head torch to help them see their way around the route. (But if you have your own head torch, please bring it, as the fewer head torches we give away, the more money we will raise)
- It is in October. If we are lucky, we will get a clear, still, dry evening.
- Will there be combine harvesters in operation along the route? Very unlikely, but as we discovered in 2016, like the weather, this is not under our control.
- How are walkers guided around the route? All are given a map & instructions, and the whole route will be signposted. There will be several marshal points around the route, but finding your own way round is part of the fun!
And do have a look at the galleries of pictures from previous walks below. Click on any picture to enlarge it; which is your favourite?