Our next Night Walk for Cameron will be on Friday, October 7th, 2022. For further details please see our Eventbrite page.
Cameron’s Night Walk typically runs on the Friday in October closest to 10 October, Cameron’s birthday and World Mental Health Day. It is a relatively short event (7.1km / 4.4 miles) starting from and finishing in Hampton-in-Arden. The aim is to get as many people out and about as possible and to meet as many Night Walkers as possible afterwards in the Fentham Hall where the bar will be open.
Registration is free and a free headtorch is available for everyone who needs one. We ask that all Night Walkers aim to raise money for the Cameron Grant Memorial Trust by seeking sponsorship and/or by making a donation. While an amount of £10 or more per Night Walker is what we suggest, any donation or fundraising is very welcome.
For more information, please see below. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
What is a Night Walk? It is a walk, at night. That’s it. The darkness does strange things to perspective though, so some people find navigating a simple route at night much more difficult than during the day – and that’s the challenge and fun of a night walk.
What is the route? It is from Hampton-in-Arden to Barston and back along footpaths and quiet roads. A map and route description will be posted shortly before the event
When will it start? We ask you to start anytime between 6:30pm and 8pm.
How long is it? It is around 7.1km (4.4 miles) departing from Hampton-in-Arden, looping around Barston and returning back to the start point by different paths. It will take most walkers 1 1/2 – 2 hours to complete the route, which is relatively flat – there aren’t any long inclines so there was no need to worry about it being too tough; it isn’t! We anticipate all walkers will be finished by 10pm, ready for a hot chocolate or two.
Why would I take part? To have a great time while raising money and supporting our cause of assisting people with poor mental health! It really is all about having a good time out and about in the countryside with friends.
What are the requirements of taking part? It is a pretty simple event but there are some requirements we ask you to be aware of:
- Age 15 & Under: walkers aged 15 and under are very welcome to take part, but they have to walk with a responsible adult on the night. Those 16 or above, will be wished good luck and told “you’re on your own”!
- It is a night event, it will be dark! We will offer all who take part a free head torch to help them see their way around the route. (But if you have your own head torch, please bring it, as the fewer head torches we give away, the more money we will raise)
- It is in October. If we are lucky, we will get a clear, still, dry evening.
- Will there be combine harvesters in operation along the route? Very unlikely, but as we discovered in 2016, like the weather, this is not under our control.
- How are walkers guided around the route? All are given a map & instructions, and the whole route will be signposted. There will be several marshal points around the route, but finding your own way round is part of the fun!